Thursday, December 28, 2017

Goodbye 2017

Remember at the end of 2016 we were all saying that 2017 had to be better? Well, you see how that turned out. So I'm not going to say that 2018 will be better or even that I hope it will be better. I believe in thinking positive but years have a way of saying, "Oh yeah, I'll show you." But anyway, 2017 wasn't actually all that bad for me personally and if I never watched the news, read the news, or heard anyone talking about the news it probably would have seemed like a pretty good year.

Christmas was nice. I got to spend it with the important people in my life and I got some nice stuff and ate too much. I always look forward to Christmas but I'm always relieved when it's over and I can relax and get back to my normal routine. On the other hand, the coldest weather of the season is often right after Christmas and I really freaking hate cold weather.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. Resolutions are so formal and you feel guilty when you don't keep them. Why do that to yourself? I do think about things I want to do in the coming year though and it's always pretty much the same. Read more, sew more, see extended family more often (though that one's not entirely up to me) eat less, exercise more, spend less time on Facebook. Actually, this year I did spend less time on Facebook but that was more than offset by spending more time on Twitter.

Sometimes I wish we didn't number the years or keep track of them in any way. They just go by faster and faster the older we get and help to make us notice that we're getting older. I don't even know what it would be like if we didn't number the years. Maybe it's one of those things we have to do whether we like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment