Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Reading

I just finished The Last Humans trilogy by Dima Zales. It seems to me that, based on both content and tone, the target audience for this story is adolescent boys but there's certainly nothing wrong with that and it does not mean that an aging housewife can't enjoy it too. In fact, I found it to be unputdownable and I finished it in what is for me record time.

The tale takes place in a domed habitat named Oasis, home of the last survivors of an attack of alien "goo" that covers all the rest of the Earth. But life for these last humans is not all bad. They live forever and are not considered "adult" until age 40. Everything they need is provided instantly with just a thought and a wave of the hand. But things are not what they seem. A Youth, age 23, named Theo, with the help of a secret friend, starts discovering surprising secrets about Oasis and has exciting and sometimes frightening adventures. It's a wild ride from beginning to end.

I haven't paid much attention to post-Singularity fiction until now but I'm definitely glad I read this one. I will look for more books by this author and possibly other books in the same genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment