Thursday, November 9, 2017

This 'n' That

I got a new Samsung tablet. So far all I've done on it is Twitter. I'm feeling a little guilty about having it. I'm feeling like, it's a very expensive toy and I should not waste that much money on a toy for myself. Here's how this happened. I mentioned last week that I thought I might like to have a tablet, thinking that someone might remember and get it for me for Christmas but my other half wanted to get it for me right away. He did ask yesterday if I wanted to go ahead and get or if I wanted it for Christmas. That's not how Christmas gifts are supposed to work! You're not supposed to know what you're getting for Christmas! So I said let's get it.

It's great for Twitter, except that typing on it actually seems slower than on my phone. I'm going to make an effort to do something with it besides just Twitter. I have to justify owning it. And I'll still do Twitter on my phone sometimes because my phone is always with me.

* * * * *

I finally started quilting on a quilt that I had intended to have finished by now. The actual hand quilting is the part I really enjoy but to get to that part I have to do a lot of other work that I find less fun. But anyway, it's started and having started it I'm suddenly excited again about other quilts that I want to make.

* * * * *

And a few quick links...

Recreating 17th century sailors' food

Lucas the adorable spider

Fulton Street subway tiles - tile murals

Weird things that washed up on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment