Monday, August 14, 2017

Overalls

This is actually my first pair of "real" overalls. Years ago I had a feminine pair with embroidery on the bib and no pockets.

Sorry to disappoint the overalls fans but I'm really not an overalls person. I bought these for practical reasons not fashion and I will probably never wear them in public. They're okay - comfortable enough except that they feel too heavy. I did wear them longer than I thought I would. I expected that by noon I would be too hot and have to change but it was a cooler than normal day (this was Saturday) and I ended up wearing them until late afternoon. But finally I had had enough and put on a dress.

The details: Roundhouse brand men's striped overalls. (because women's overalls are hard to find and more expensive) They're a little long because I allowed for shrinkage. I have washed them once and they didn't shrink noticeably. (Roundhouse overalls are made in Oklahoma.)

And, in case anyone's wondering, no, I did not run the excavator.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I was really hoping for some cool story about how you dug out an area to make a wetland or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. We're actually digging up our front yard to build a house.

      Delete
    2. For yourselves, or for some future tenant?

      Delete
  2. It's our dream house. (or as close to it as we're ever going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, give 'em time...break 'em in a little...let them soften just a bit...next thing you know you're...well, I may be an extreme case. :)

    ReplyDelete